Going through an intense hail storm can be very stressful. Fortunately, with insurance, you don’t have to worry about the aftermath and damages. To help you process your insurance claim, roof replacement contractor Oberg Roofing & Remodeling shares important tips on handling your hail-damaged roof insurance claim.
- Before anything else, you need to review your insurance terms when it comes to hail-damaged property. You should be well-informed of the insurance policy to understand what is within the coverage. Don’t forget to check on how the deductible works on your insurance.
- After the storm, it’s ideal to immediately call your insurance company to inform them about the hail storm. Make sure to report the situation to them within a few weeks. Inform them about your initial assessment of the damage to your roof. By this time, you should have an idea if you need a roof repair or a complete roof replacement.
- Documenting everything that was damaged by the hail storm will serve you best. It’s advised to take a lot of pictures of the storm damage on your roof under your insurance. You should also take note of the date and time of the storm, as well as the size of the hailstone. Complete and proper documentation will help the process to progress faster. Roofing companies tend to also appreciate the information collected, helping them with their repairs or replacement.
- You should also have a documented inspection from a professional roofer. Through a thorough inspection, your roofer can provide you an estimate on how much the repair would cost. This will also help you have an idea of the amount that you can request in your insurance claim.
- It’s essential to set an appointment with your insurance representative and roofing contractor together. A scheduled appointment will give you time to prepare your documents. During the personal meeting, it will be easier for you to mention your concerns and for them to answer right away.
Do you need help with your steel roofs? We offer professional roofing services at Oberg Roofing & Remodeling. Call us at (320) 204-2264 or fill out our contact form to book an appointment. We proudly serve clients in Sartell, MN.